Coconut Milk Poached Salmon
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup onions, sliced
- Pinch pink salt (don’t use too much as you are adding the fish sauce and lime juice later)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-1.5 lb wild salmon filet (bones removed)
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- Juice of one lime
- Small bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 jalapenos, sliced (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat a small sauté pan at medium-high heat. Add coconut oil and then add cumin seeds.
When they start sizzling, reduce heat to medium and then add in other spices and stir to incorporate.
Add in onion and a small pinch of salt and sauté until soft, 5-7 minutes.
Add in coconut milk and garlic and bring to a boil and then reduce down to a low simmer.
Cook for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in fish sauce.
Place salmon filet in a rectangular baking dish.
Pour sauce over the fish, cover with parchment paper (this will just be a loose fit on top of the dish) and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until the flesh of the fish becomes slightly translucent and cooked.
This can sit on your stove outside the oven for about 15-30 minutes while you get the rest of dinner ready or to make ahead and run out to pick up your kids from school.
When ready to serve, squeeze the lime on top and garnish with the cilantro and jalapenos. Serve with my basic brown rice and roasted vegetables!
You'll also love
- Cranberry. Apple Cookie Cobbler 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Lentil Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- APPLE CINNAMON BREAD 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Best Fried Catfish 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coconut Cream Cake with Chocolate... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mexican Shrimp Cobb Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coconut Lime Margarita 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Nicoise Tuna Melts 0/5 (0 Votes)