Fiesta Rice Salad
This is excellent as a side to chicken or fish.
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (4 limes)
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. roasted tomato salsa
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups cold cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cooked fresh or thawed frozen corn kernels
- 2 15 oz. cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup small cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro, optional (but who wouldn't use it AND more!)
Cooking time 20mins
In a small bowl, stir together lime juice, oil, salsa, cumin and salt.
In a large bowl, stir together rice & corn, braking up any rice clumps.
Pour lime-juice mixture over rice mixture and stir well to coat.
Add beans, bell pepper, tomatoes and scallions and toss gently to combine.
Just before serving, pit, peel and dice avocado and stir gently into salad.
Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired and serve.