Pressure Cooker Corn off the Cob Soup
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 5 cups fresh corn kernels
- 3 cups chicken stock or broth
- 2 t sugar
- 3/4 t salt
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t dried thyme
- 2 T cornstarch
- 1 (12oz) can evaporated milk
- 3 T butter
- 1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
Heat oil on Brown or High setting in pressure cooker til sizzling, add onion and cook til caramelized, about 5 min.
Add corn, chicken stock, sugar, salt, garlic powder and thyme. Secure lid and set for 6 minutes on HIGH
Perform quick release, remove lid, set cooker to High or Brown setting.
Whisk cornstarch into milk then add to soup, let simmer 2 minutes or til thickened.
Stir in butter and bell pepper and cook 1 to 2 additional minutes. Serve.