Cod with Spinach in Cheese Sauce
A very tasty way to make fish with spinach and cheese sauce.
You can use cod or any other firm white fish.
(may not look like this picture)
- 2 pounds of cod fish or very firm white fish
- 2 (10 oz) frozen spinach
- 1-1/2 tbsp butter substitue
- 1-1/2 tbsp flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 1/2 cup low fat half and half or heavy cream
- 1/2 cup low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 oz) can drained mushrooms
- 1 tbsp seafood seasoning
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
1. Cook and drain well the frozen spinach.
2. In sauce pan melt butter sub, add flour and salt & pepper.
3. Whisk till mixed and then slowly add; milk and half n half.
4. In a 9 x 13 baking dish spread spinach over bottom
5. Top with mushrooms.
6. Pour cheese sauce over mushrooms.
7. Layer fish over cheese and season with 1 tbsp of seafood seasoning.
8. Bake uncovered at 375 till fish is vooked and sauce is bubbly, approximately 20 minutes
You'll also love
- Baked Brown Sugar Chicken Wings... 3.9/5 (34 Votes)
- Garlic Lemon and Parmesan Roasted... 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Butter Pecan Apple Cake 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Tomato Cream Pasta Sauce 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Chicken & Spinach Cheese Tortellini 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Spinach Artichoke Squares 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Creamy Garlic, Cannellini Bean &... 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Seafood Oscar 3.9/5 (23 Votes)