Spinach & Three Bean Enchiladas
A great source of lean protein and fiber.
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bag (6 ounces) baby spinach
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 6 whole-wheat fajita-size tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded reduced fat Mexican blend cheese
- Tossed salad, optional
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 54mins
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 13x9x2 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in beans, tomato sauce, chili powder and cumin; simmer 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Gradually stir in spinach until wilted, about 3 minutes. Stir in cilantro and lightly mash bean mixture with a potato masher. Spoon about 3/4 cup of the bean mixture down center of each tortilla and tightly roll up; place seam-side down in prepared dish.
Sprinkle cheese over enchiladas; cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve warm with tossed salad, if desired.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (813 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups 4.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Secretly Healthy Spinach Dip aka... 4.5/5 (137 Votes)
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts 4.6/5 (127 Votes)