Frozen Key Lime Pie
Total Time: 40 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Walk-Away Time: 30 minutes
- Makes 1 (9-inch) pie; serves 6
- 1 (8-oz.) container nondairy whipped topping, thawed slightly
- 1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 (9-inch) prepared graham cracker pie crust
- Finely grated lime zest for sprinkling
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together whipped topping, condensed milk, and lime juice until smooth. Spoon mixture into graham cracker crust and smooth the surface with a rubber spatula.
2. Set in freezer until firm, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle lime zest over the top before serving.
Bank a Batch
Once the pie is frozen, cover it with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. It will keep in the freezer for up to 1 month. Sprinkle the top with lime zest just before serving.
Have It Your Way
For variety, use fresh lemon or orange juice instead of lime juice.