Cheesy Quinoa Cakes with a Roasted Garlic and Lemon Aioli
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2/3 cup grated fontina cheese
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 head of garlic, roasted
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
Adapted from spoonforkbacon.com
1. For the cakes: Place all ingredients, except for the oil, into a mixing bowl and stir together until well combined. Season with salt and allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes.
2. Pour oil into a large sauté pan and place over medium heat.
3. Form ¼ cup patties with the quinoa mixture and place in the heated sauté pan. (this will have to be done in batches)
4. Cook quinoa cakes for about 5 minutes on each side. Repeat with the remaining patties until all of the cakes have been cooked. Set aside.
5. For the aioli: Place all ingredients into a food processor, season with salt and pepper and blend until smooth. Pour into a small bowl and serve alongside the warm quinoa cakes.
You'll also love
- Saucy Stuffed Zucchini 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Coconut Cream Pie 4.4/5 (41 Votes)
- Quinoa Salad with Dried... 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Beef Stew with Root Vegetables &... 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Key Lime Cupcakes 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Lemon-Blueberry Cake with White... 4.3/5 (49 Votes)
- Garlic Parmesan Pasta 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Vegetable Soup 4.5/5 (30 Votes)