Super Energy Kale Soup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 medium carrot, diced into 1/4-inch cubes (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 red potatoes, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 cups kale, rinsed, stems removed and chopped very fine
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried sage
- salt and pepper to taste
Chop garlic and onions and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out their hidden health benefits.
Heat 1 TBS broth in a medium soup pot.
Healthy SautÃ© onion in broth over medium heat for about 5 minutes stirring frequently.
Add garlic and continue to sautÃ© for another minute.
Add broth, carrots, and celery and bring to a boil on high heat.
Once it comes to a boil reduce heat to a simmer and continue to cook for another 5 minutes. Add potatoes and kale and cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 more minutes.
Add rest of ingredients and cook another 5 minutes. If you want to simmer for a longer time for extra flavor and richness, you may need to add a little more broth.
You'll also love
- Avgolemono Soup (Frugal Gourmet) 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Stir Fried Beef in Spicy Hunan... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Broccoli and Parsnip Soup 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Cuban-style Pumpkin Soup 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Ham, Swiss and Spinach Quiche 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pasta with Grilled Chicken,... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Baby Kale and Baby Spinach Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)