Piña Kale-ada Smoothie
There’s something to be said about the tropical combination of creamy coconut and luscious, tangy pineapple. Who doesn’t love a good piña colada? Although they may fit into the 20% of the 80/20 rule that I live (and eat) by, they’re not the healthiest of drinks to choose from on a regular basis.
What if you could have the best of both worlds with this healthy (but oh so tasty) alternative?
I’ve put a spin on the original tropical drink with what I like to call the Piña Kale-ada! Not quite as creamy, but just as sweet and delicious in the form of a detoxifying green smoothie. I hope you like it as much as I do!
- 2 handfuls baby kale
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1/2 cup nondairy milk
- 1 tsp chia seeds
Adapted from mindbodygreen.com
Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender, pour in your favourite glass or mason jar if you’re on the go, and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Garlic Roasted Winter Vegetables 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Meyer Lemon-Bay Leaf Pound Cake 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Low Carb Cauliflower, Cheddar and... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Mushroom, Gruyere, and Spinach... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Lentil Patties with Lettuce and... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Cabbage-and-Kale Slaw with Toasted... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)