Light 'N Creamy Fresh Mushroom Soup
Soooo goooood :)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme or oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 16 oz. white or baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 - 14 1/2 oz can chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white wine or water
- 1 1/2 cups lowfat milk
In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add carrots, onions, garlic, salt, thyme, and pepper; cook, stirring often, until onions just begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms, broth, and wine; bring to a boil, cook for 1 minute.
Using a slotted spoon, remove 1 cup of the vegetables, set aside. In a blender or food processor, puree remaining soup, in batches if necessary. Return pureed mixture to saucepan, stir in reserved vegetables and milk.
Simmer just until heated through, about 5 minutes. If desired, garnish with thinly sliced green onion.