Hot 'n' Spicy Buffalo Chicken Salad
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup Ranch-style salad dressing
- 3 large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch cubes
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon salad seasoning mix (such as McCormick® Salad Supreme Seasoning)
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
In a small bowl, combine crumbled blue cheese and Ranch-style dressing; set aside. Season cubed chicken with salt and pepper.
Heat a large skillet over high heat, and pour in the vegetable oil. Just before the oil starts to smoke, add the chicken. Cook to brown evenly, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low, and add butter, hot sauce, and salad seasoning mix. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Toss together the lettuce and Ranch-style dressing mixture in a large bowl. Top salad with chicken, and serve.