- 1 1/2 cups well-mashed bananas (about 3 large)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup barely warmed (not solid) extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 2/3 cup shelled whole peanuts
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups popped corn
Preheat the oven to 350 with racks in the top and bottom third of the oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine the bananas, vanilla, and coconut oil. Set aside. In another bowl, whisk together the oats, almond meal, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. Fold in the chocolate, then the peanuts, and lastly the popped corn. The dough is quite a bit looser than a standard cookie dough, but don't worry about it. Firmly shape small balls with your hands, about 1 heaping tablespoon each, and place them about 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheets.
Bake for 14 to 17 minutes, swapping the baking sheets from top to bottom once along the way, until the bottoms are deeply golden. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on a wire rack.