Scrumptious Cheddar Bacon Scalloped Potatoes
- 6 slices turkey bacon, cooked and chopped, divided
- 2 to 2 1/2 lbs (about 6 medium) potatoes, unpeeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 can (12oz) evaporated milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups shredded cheddar, divided
- 2 green onions, sliced
Place potatoes in large saucepan. Cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook over medium high heat for 8-10 minutes or until just for tender; drain.
Meanwhile, heat butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Gradually stir in evaporated milk, water and 1/3 cup bacon. Cook for about 8-10 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. REmove from heat. Stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese and green onion.
Layer half potatoes in ungreased 3 qt dish. Pour half sauce over potatoes. Top with remaining potatoes and sauce. Top with remaining cheese and bacon. Bake at 350 until cheese is melted.