Baked Breaded Chicken
A easy and delicous way to make chicken without the fuss of frying.
Kick up the heat as you like in spices
- 8 to 10 pieces of chicken (preferably with bone and skin)
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1 cup of baking mix (i.e. Bisquick)
- 2 tbsp smoke paprika
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1-2 tsp season salt
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- dash of red pepper flakes
- To kick up the heat increase flakes or add cayenne pepper)
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 65mins
Preheat oven to 375
Prepare baking pan by spreading 1/4 cup oil in pan.
In a bag mix all the rest of ingredients except chicken.
(Note: if using boneless/skinless chicken, I cut the breasts in half)
Place chicken one piece at a time and shake to coat well.
Place chicken on prepared pan.
Bake for 45-60 minutes until done and crispy.
(Note: if using boneless, cook less)
Be sure the chicken is cooked regardless if boned or boneless.
Turn chicken only once as it bakes.