Sticky-Bun Pumpkin Muffins
- 2 cups pecan halves and pieces
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-oz.) can pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
2. Stir together melted butter and next 2 ingredients. Spoon 1 rounded teaspoonful butter mixture into each cup of 2 lightly greased 12-cup muffin pans, and top each with 1 rounded tablespoonful pecans.
3. Stir together flour and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl, and make a well in center of mixture. Whisk together pumpkin, next 2 ingredients, and 2/3 cup water; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
4. Spoon batter into prepared muffin pans, filling three-fourths full. Place an aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan on lower oven rack to catch any overflow.
5. Bake at 350° on middle oven rack for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Invert pan immediately to remove muffins, and arrange muffins on a wire rack. Spoon any topping remaining in muffin cups over muffins. Let cool 5 minutes.