Roasted Rack of Lamb
Yum, tender and juicy Roasted Rack of Lamb! I used half the salt this recipe called for which was plenty.
- Grated zest 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- Pinch sugar
- 2 (8-bone) rack of lamb, chine bone removed, frenched
- 1/4 cup canola oil
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Mix together the lemon zest, rosemary, salt and sugar. Season the racks on all sides with this mixture, cover and put in the refrigerator overnight. This acts like a quick cure, which will add flavor to the lamb when it is cooked.
Preheat the oven to 300°F.
Put a large saute pan over medium heat and add the oil. Put one of the seasoned racks in the pan fat-side down and sear until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Flip the rack and sear the other side for a few minutes. Remove to a rimmed baking sheet fat-side up, and repeat the browning process with the other rack.
Put the baking sheet with both racks on it in the oven and roast until the meat registers 120°F to 125°F in the center, 20 to 25 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before cutting into chops and serving.
You'll also love
- HCG Diet (P3) Low Carb Sugar Free... 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Robyn's Drunken Pork Tenderloin 4/5 (47 Votes)
- Caramelized Pineapple Baked Alaska 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Pat’s Roast Pork ‘n Gravy 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Fried Ravioli with Marinara... 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Snickerdoodles 4.1/5 (37 Votes)
- Avocado Egg Rolls with Creamy... 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Burrito Bowl Mason Jars 4.5/5 (10 Votes)