Lemon Tea Cookies
- Lemon Glaze:
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon shredded lemon peel
- 1 3/4 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon each of soda and salt
- combine 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
1. Stir vinegar into milk. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and peel. Sift dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternatly with milk; beat after each addition.
2. Drop from teaspoon 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 12 to 14 min. Remove at once; brush with lemon glaze.