Maple-Mustard Glazed Chicken
Saturated fat: 0.9g
Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Sprinkle chicken with pepper and salt. Add chicken to pan; sauté 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from pan. Add broth, syrup, thyme, and garlic to pan; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add vinegar and mustard; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Return chicken to pan, and spoon mustard mixture over chicken.
3. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until the chicken is done. Remove chicken from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Place pan over medium heat; cook mustard mixture 2 minutes or until liquid is syrupy, stirring frequently. Serve with chicken.