Katherine Hepburn's Brownie Recipe
Old family recipe of Katherine Hepburn
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup roughly chopped walnuts
1. Oven 325, Butter an 8-inch square baking pan. Line the pan with parchment paper and butter the paper.
2. Melt butter and chocolate together in large saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove pan from heat and stir in sugar. Add eggs and vanilla, stir to make a smooth batter. Add flour, salt, and walnuts, stir until incorporated.
3. Pour batter into prepared baking pan, spread evenly. Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool on rack. Cut into squares and serve.