Butternut Squash Apple Soup
Smooth and delicious, good for those cool fall days.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cup onion (chopped fine)
- 2 tbsp mild curry
- 2 large butternut squash (cubed)
- 4 granny smith apples (cubed)
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cup apple cider
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 60mins
In a large stock pot, on low heat, add butter and oil. Add onion and curry and cook stirring occasionlly. Cook until tender.
Add squash, apples, salt, pepper and water. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook 30 - 40 minutes until very soft.
Puree in a blender. Return to the pot and add cider. You may not need all the cider, only use enough for the desired consistency.
Keep quite thick. Serve warm.
You'll also love
- Saskatoon Berry Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Butter Baked Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Banana Pineapple Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Those Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- zucchini bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- savory cheddar zucchini muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lunch-Week 1-Spiced Butternut... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Butternut Squash & Black Bean Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)