Put these on a plate and they'll be gone in no time! Kids will love decorating the mice with assorted candies>
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 12 oz. dark chocolate candy coating, chopped
- 1 tbsp. shortening
- 36 pieces black shoestring licorice (2 inches each)
- Assorted candies: Red cake decorator dots, M&M's miniature baking bits and black sugar.
In a small bowl, beat the peanut butter, butter and vanilla until blended; gradually beat in the icing sugar. Stir in cereal. Shape into 1 inch balls tapering at one end to look like mice. Position almonds on heads for ears and refrigerate until chilled.
In a large microwave safe bowl, melt the candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip the mice into coating; place on waxed paper lined baking sheets. Immediately insert licorice for tails. Add red dots for eyes and M&M's for noses. Sprinkle with black sugar and refrigerate until set.