Carrot-Spice Cake with Caramel Frosting
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) spice cake mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup BREAKSTONE'S® Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 70mins
• In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, sour
• cream and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for
• 2 minutes. Fold in the carrots, pineapple, coconut, pecans and
• raisins just until blended. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in.
• round baking pans.
• Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
• the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
• pans to wire racks to cool completely.
• For frosting, in a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until
• fluffy. Add the confectioners' sugar, ice cream topping and enough
• milk to achieve desired consistency. Spread frosting between layers
• and over the top and sides of cake. Store in the refrigerator.