Baked Monte Cristo Sandwiches
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- All-purpose flour
- 1/2 (17.3 ounce) package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed ( or grands large 7 layer biscuts)
- 8 thin slices deli Black Forest ham
- 4 slices deli Swiss cheese
- Confectioners' sugar
- Maple syrup
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
2. Sprinkle the flour on the work surface. Unfold the pastry sheet on the work surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 12-inch square. Cut into 4 (6-inch) squares. Brush the edges of the pastries with the egg mixture.
3. With a corner of 1 pastry facing you, place 2 slices ham and 1 slice cheese on the bottom half of the pastry. Fold the pastry over the filling to form a triangle and press the edges to seal. Crimp the edges with a fork. Repeat with the remaining pastries. Brush the pastries with the egg mixture. Place the pastries onto a baking sheet.
4. Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Sprinkle the pastries with the confectioners' sugar. Serve with the maple syrup.