Fresh Tangerine Cake
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon tangerine zest
- 1 cup fresh tangerine juice
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- Tangerine Cream Cheese Frosting
- Garnish: candied tangerine zest
1.Preheat oven to 350˚. Spray 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray with flour.
2.In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Beat in oil, zest, juice, and eggs at medium speed with an electric mixer until combined. Add sour cream, beating until smooth.
3.Pour batter into prepared pans, and bake for 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove cake from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
4.Spread Tangerine Cream Cheese Frosting in between layers and on top and sides of cake. Garnish with candied tangerine zest, and pipe remaining frosting around top and bottom of cake, if desired.