Cheesy Taco Pasta
Yields 6 (1+ cup*) servings.
- 8 oz wheat pasta (I used Barilla medium shells)
- 1 lb 95% lean ground beef
- 1 oz packet reduced sodium taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 c chunky salsa
- 1/2 c water
- 1/4 c fat free sour cream
- 3/4 c shredded 2 % reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 3/4 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese (I used extra sharp)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Can substitute RF Mexican Blend
Cook pasta according to package instructions.
While pasta is cooking, place ground beef in a large sauté pan and cook over medium-high heat, breaking up the beef as it cooks. When the beef is cooked, drain any grease from pan. Add the taco seasoning, salsa and water and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes or until pasta is done cooking.
Once pasta is done, drain pasta and add it to the beef mixture. Add the sour cream, cheese, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Cheese will melt when thoroughly mixed. Remove from heat and serve immediately.