Nory's Roasted Pork
- 1 whole pork shoulder with skin on
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1/2 C fennel seeds
- 4-6 dried chili peppers
- Juice from 6 lemons
- 3 T olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Blend garlic, fennel seeds, peppers, salt and pepper in food processor until pastey.
3. Score skin of pork 1/2 inch deep and 1/2 apart. Rub garlic mixture all over meat.
4. Place pork in large roasting pan with lid fat side up and roast in 450 degree oven for 30 mins.
5. Remove from oven and reduce oven temp to 250 degrees.
6. Turn pork over and pour 1/2 of the lemon juice and 2 T of olive oil all over meat. Cover and return meat to 250 degree oven.
7. Continue roasting, turning and basting meat with lemon juice/olive oil for 8-18 hours depending on size of pork shoulder.
8. Meat is finished when tender and falling off the bone.
9. To make gravy, remove meat from pan and skim excess fat and reduce drippings over high heat on stove top. Add additional lemon juice and boiling water (1/2 C) to help deglaze bottom of pan.
10. Pull meat away from bone in strips/chunks and place in serving bowl. Pour finished gravy over meat and serve.