BLUEBERRY-MEYER LEMON BREAD
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. Meyer lemon peel, grated
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Lemon Syrup
- 4 Tbsp. fresh squeezed Meyer lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Using electric mixer, cream butter with 1cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add lemon peel.
Mix dry ingredients, alternating with milk. Gently fold in blueberries. Spoon into prepared 9 x 4 loaf pan.
Bake until golden brown and wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hr 15 minutes. Oven 325 F.
Meanwhile, make the Meyer lemon syrup by combining the lemon juice and sugar in a small saucepan, bring o a boil and stir until sugar dissolves. Remove bread from oven and pierce top of hot loaf several times with a wooden pick. Pour hot lemon syrup over loaf in pan. Cool 30 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Turn bread out of pan and cool completely on wire rack.
You'll also love
- Green tomato mustard pickles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Peaches Frozen in Orange Juice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken & Citrus Summer Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- LUBY'S LEMON ICEBOX PIE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Irish Lemon Pudding adapted from... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lamb Chops w/ Strawberry-balsamic... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry Patch Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Balsamic Blueberry Grilled Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)