- 1 pound strawberries, diced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups nondairy milk (I use soy)
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare 24 muffin tins with lightly sprayed liners. Put the strawberries in a bowl and coat with 1/4 cup sugar.
2. Once the sugar is somewhat incorporated, place the bowl in the fridge. Pour the vinegar into a measuring cup, and add just enough milk to reach 1 1/2 cups. Set aside. Sift together dry ingredients.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk just enough to combine. Fill each tin about halfway full.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden. Let cool. After they've cooled, frost each cupcake with vanilla frosting and top with a generous teaspoon strawberries, including juice.
Eat and enjoy! I am going to try to make this as a actual cake, so if anyone beats me to it let me know how it turns out.
Serves: 24 cupcakes, Preparation time: about 1 hour