Vegan Vibrant Veggie Soup
- 5 cloves of garlic,
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-inch ginger, peeled & chopped (optional)
- olive oil (for sautéing)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 3 quarts of water
- 1 tsp. favorite herb(s) fenugreek, turmeric, thyme, dill, cumin etc.
- 6 carrots, sliced
- 5 potatoes, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 parsnip, sliced
- 1 turnip, sliced
- 2 each of zucchini & yellow squash, chopped
- handful leafy greens (any kind), chopped
- 16-20 oz. can of tomato sauce
1.Saute garlic, onion, ginger in olive oil.
2.Add jalapeno and saute until all are golden brown.
3.Boil water and add above ingredients.
4.Add your favorite herbs.
5.Add to pot in following order: carrots, potatoes, celery, parsnip, turnip , zucchini, yellow squash, leafy greens, and 16-20 oz tomato sauce.
6.Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.