- 1 large onion, chopped small
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 turnips or 1 sweet potato, peeled & chopped small
- 4 cups vegetable stock (from 1 vegetable stock cube)
- 1 " piece of ginger, minced
- 2 large zucchinis, chopped small
- 2 cups minced curly kale
- large handful of spinach, coarsely chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- fresh chopped parsley, flax oil & black pepper (garnish)
1.Saute onion and garlic in sauce pan with a little water for a few minutes.
2.Add turnip or sweet potato and saute until they just begin to soften.
3.Stir in stock and ginger and simmer for 10 minutes.
4.Add zucchini and kale and cook over medium-low heat for half an hour, covered.
5.At the end, stir in spinach and lemon juice, letting spinach wilt.
6.Puree half the soup in a blender or using hand blender and serve with drizzle of flax oil and generous scatter of parsley and fresh pepper.