Shrimp and Corn Chowder
- Ingredients COMBINE
- 3 #’s Potatoes (Red and Yellow (golden)skins on and chunked
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion (green, white, or red)
- 1 cup Leeks or leeks and shallots (white and greens of leeks)
- Enough chicken or vegetable broth to almost cover all of the above
- Spices: Salt, pepper, celery seed or celery salt, 1-2 bay leaves, cumin
- (or warm spices of your choice), thyme
- Cook at a slow to medium boil until all is tender.
Ingredients ADD TO SOUP
• 2 cups of milk (whole or skim) or half and half
• 2 cans of cream corn and 1 can of whole kernel, w/water
• 2#’s of frozen cooked shrimp, no tails may want to cut into bite-size pieces
Return to a slow rolling boil and slowly add the rue and thicken as desired.
Stir in fresh chopped parsley taste and add more spices if needed.
Melt 4-6 tablespoons of butter or margarine in small sauté pan.
Slowly add 2-4 tablespoons of cornstarch or ½ cup flour while stirring until thick.