- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 (8oz) bag shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 (26 oz) jar of spaghetti sauce (whatever you like)
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 18 jumbo pasta shells (cooked according to package directions and drained)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
Cook shells according to package directions. Meanwhile in a pan brown ground beef, garlic and onion. Drain off any excess fat and let cool. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Step 2: Combine meat, mozzarella cheese, egg, breadcrumbs, chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper.
Step 3: Mix spaghetti and tomato sauce and pour of the bottom of a 13×9 inch oven safe dish covering the bottom with a quarter of the sauce.
Step 4: Stuff the cooked and drained pasta shells with the meat mixture and place on top of the sauce in the oven dish. Add red wine and the remaining sauce mixing well and pour over the top of the shells. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Step 5: Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
Tags: cooking, recipes, food and drink, recipe