Best Basic Risotto
Great risotto recipe from Rachel Ray.
- 4 C chicken broth
- 2 T butter
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 1/2 C arborio rice
- 1/2 C dry white wine
- 1/2 C grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
1. Pour broth in a sauce to simmer over low heat.
2. In a deep skillet, melt butter into olive oil over medium to med-high heat. Add onions and saute for approx. 3 mins. Add rice and saute 2 mins. more. Add wine and allow to cook away for 1-2 more mins. Add broth a ladle or two at a time, stir into rice and allow to fully absorb before adding more, stirring each time.
3. Once all of the broth has been absorbed into the rice and it is soft, stir in the cheese and season with salt and pepper.