Key Lime Mousse Cake
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons fresh Key lime juice
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 10 (1-ounce) squares white chocolate, chopped
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime zest
- Garnish: white chocolate curls, Key lime wedges
1.In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar. Press into bottom and 1 inch up sides of a 10-inch springform pan. Set aside.
2.In a large bowl, combine lime juice and gelatin; let stand for 2 minutes. Bring 1/2 cup cream to a simmer in a small saucepan. Remove from heat, and add white chocolate, stirring until smooth. Stir in gelatin mixture, and allow to cool.
3.In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and lime zest at medium speed with an electric mixer until combined. Slowly beat cooled white chocolate mixture into cream cheese mixture.
4.In a large bowl, beat remaining 2 cups cream at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold into white chocolate mixture, and pour into pie crust. Cover, and freeze overnight. Remove from freezer, and gently run a knife around edges of pan to release crust from sides of pan. Garnish with white chocolate curls and Key lime wedges, if desired. Cut into wedges with a knife that has been dipped into hot water.