Easy Chicken Chasseur
Tarragon and Sherry dress up this delicious restaurant style entrée.
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch strips
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes cut into wedges and seated
1. Place cornstarch the large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken, a few pieces at a time and shake to coat. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, Brown chicken in 2 teaspoons of oil. Remove and set aside.
2. In the same skillet, sauté mushrooms and onions in the remaining oil until tender. Add the broth, Sherry and seasonings; bring to a boil. Carefully return chicken to the pan; simmer, uncovered, for 4 to 6 min. or until the chicken is no longer pink. Stir in tomatoes; heat through.
Serve with rice if desired.