- 1 pre-made graham cracker pie crust, or make your own (depends how lazy I am)
- 2 (16 ounce) packages medium to extra-firm tofu tofu (silken, if you can find it...I can't)
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp. grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. almond butter or tahini
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch dissolved in 4 tbsp. soymilk
Prepare graham cracker crust according to instructions. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). In your food processor, combine remaining ingredients and pulse until smooth. Pour into pie crust and bake for 20 minutes. Cool and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled and firm, at least two hours. This tastes better every day it sits, so I recommend letting it chill overnight before eating. Easy peasey. I've tried adding some cashews and vanilla extract. I didn't notice a difference with the cashews, but like the almond extract much more than the vanilla. I plan to play around with sweetners more, as I'd prefer to use something healthier than plain white sugar. If you try something different that works, let me know!
For a topping, try a mixture of your favorite berries, mixed with some agave nectar, lemon juice and your favorite jam simmered on the stove until most of the water has evaporated. Mmmm.