- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 4 fresh peaches or 1 (29-ounce) can peach halves, drained
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or sour cream
1.Preheat oven to 400F.
2.Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and 2 tablespoons sugar. Cut in butter, using a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Firmly press mixture over bottom and up sides of an 11-inch tart pan.
3.Peel fresh peaches and cut in half or drain canned peaches. Arrange peaches in pastry shell. Sprinkle fruit with mix of cinnamon and remaining sugar. Bake 15 minutes.
4.In a small bowl, combine egg yolks and cream or sour cream. Remove Kuchen from the oven and pour egg and cream mixture over the peaches. Bake 30 minutes longer.