Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Soup
- 1 bag (32 oz) frozen southern-style diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped onion (from 12-oz bag), thawed
- 1 medium stalk celery, diced (1/2 cup)
- 1 carton (32-oz) Progresso® chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 bag (8 oz) shredded American-Cheddar cheese blend (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup real bacon pieces (from 2.8-oz package)
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- Note: Instead of using purchased bacon pieces, cook 2 strips of bacon until crisp, then drain and crumble.
- Southern-style hash brown potatoes are diced instead of shredded. These work best in this recipe.
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 21mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
1. In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix potatoes, onion, celery, broth and water.
2. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
3. In small bowl, mix flour into milk; stir into potato mixture. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 20 to 30 minutes or until mixture thickens. Stir in cheese until melted. Garnish individual servings with bacon and green onions. Sprinkle with pepper if desired.
1 Serving (1 Serving)Calories 410
(Calories from Fat 140),Total Fat 15g
(Saturated Fat 9g,Trans Fat 0g),Cholesterol 45mg;
Total Carbohydrate 50g
(Dietary Fiber 5g,Sugars 5g),Protein 19g;
Percent Daily Value*:Vitamin A 10.00%;
Vitamin C 15.00%;
Exchanges:3 1/2 Starch;
0 Other Carbohydrate;
0 Skim Milk;
0 Low-Fat Milk;
0 Very Lean Meat;
0 Lean Meat;
1 High-Fat Meat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.