A speedy delicious dessert
- I'll include how to make pie crust homemade if you don't want to buy a ready made one. You'll need:
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple in syrup, undrained
- 1 (6-serving) package instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced pineapple, drained and halved
- 8 maraschino cherries, drained
- 2 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (9-inch) prepared shortbread pie crust
- 1 1/4 c flour - 1/4 c sugar - 1/2 c cold butter
1. In a large bowl, combine crushed pineapple with its syrup, dry pudding mix, and sour cream; mix until well combined. Spoon into pie crust and decorate top with pineapple slices and cherries; sprinkle with coconut.
2. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Mix flour and sugar. Slice butter into 1/4 in slices, and then cut into flour with a fork. Knead well and form into a ball. Flatten into pie plate with the palm of your hand, and then flatten against the sides of plate with your fingertips. Bake at 325 for approximately 10 min. until the dough is no longer glossy but slightly dry looking. Let cool