Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- 2 cups rolled oats, uncooked
- 1 cup oat flour ( can be made by pulverising rolled oats in a blender or food processor)
- 1 cup packed currants or 1 cup raisins or 1 cup chopped prunes or 1 cup other dried fruit
- 1 cup apple juice or 1 cup orange juice ( you could also use 1/4 cup molasses and 3/4 cup water)
- 1/4 cup white sugar or 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds or 1/4 cup nuts, pieces
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Grease a 9 inch by 13 inch pan, or two 8 inch by 8 inch pans.
Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix well.
It should be moist enough to form a ball, without extra liquid.
Put mixture in prepared pans and spread evenly.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Remove from oven and cut into squares while still hot.
Wait until the bars cool before trying to remove them from the pan.