fish and chips
- Ingredients (Fish)
- 6-8 white filleted fleshy fish, (i.e. cod, snapper, tilapia, lemon fish)
- 1 bottle beer
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- freshly ground black pepper
- Ingredients (Chips)
- 4 large potatoes, cut into thick strips
In a large bowl gently mix together beer, 1 1/2 cups sifted flour into the bowl, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne. Set it aside.
2. Season fish with salt and freshly ground black pepper then dredge in the remaining 1/2 cup of flour. Set it aside.
3. Prepare a deep fryer then fry the potatoes for 8-10 minutes, Once cooked place potatoes in a paper towel-lined baking sheet then let it keep warm in an oven
4. Dip fish pieces one by one in the batter then slowly slide fish in batches into the hot deep fryer, cook for 5 minutes. Remove fish from deep fryer then place them in a paper towel-lined baking sheet then let it keep warm in an oven. Do the same thing with the rest of the fish.
5. Place fish and chips in a white paper lined newspaper then serve (BTW that’s how it’s served here in Fish and Chips shop).