Vegetable Beef Soup
From Paleo Diet Solution Cookbook
This is a classic beef vegetable soup with a few spices thrown in for added flavor. Feel free to use whatever vegetables you have on hand or whatever you like best to customize it to your personal tastes.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 pound free-range, organic, grass fed beef stew meat
- 2 cups homemade beef stock
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 medium carrots, sliced into rounds
- 1 pound fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground marjoram
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Lemon juice, for seasoning
Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
When pan is hot, add butter and onion. Cook for 3 minutes until onions are lightly browned.
Add beef and brown for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Turn heat down to medium-low, and add the rest of the ingredients to the pot. Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Simmer for 35-45 minutes, or until beef is tender and melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Season with lemon juice if desired. Serve immediately.