White Cheddar Scalloped Potatos
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 8 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 3-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded white cheddar cheese
In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, parsley, salt, pepper and thyme until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in soup. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream until blended.
In a large bowl, combine potatoes and ham. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer with half of the potato mixture, cheese and white sauce. Repeat layers.
Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 40-50 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
Yield: 6-8 servings.