Seared Scallops with White Beans and Bacon
- 1 lb Large sea scallops
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 c baby spinach
- 2 strips bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 c red onion, minced
- 1 1/2 cans unsalted white beans(14oz each), rinsed and drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 TBS unsalted butter
- Juice of 1 lemon
1. heat a medium saucepan over low heat, and cook bacon until it begins to crisp. Pour off some of the bacon fat and add onion and garlic. Saute until onion is soft and translucent, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add white beans and spinach, cook until beans are hot and spinich is wilted.
2. Put a large cast iron skillet or saute pan over medium high heat. Blot scallops dry with paper towels and season on both sides with salt and pepper. Add butter to the pan. After it melts, add scallops sear 2 to 3 minutes on each side until they are deeply caramelized.
3. Before serving, add lemon juice, salt and pepper to the bean mixture. Divide beans among 4 bowls and top with scallops.
You'll also love
- French Onion Meatloaf 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Bean Salsa 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sausage-Stuffed mushroom 0/5 (0 Votes)
- BBQ Bacon Sliders with Blue Cheese... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coconut Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Moroccan-Style Lamb and Chickpeas 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Haddock with Bacon and Onions 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Linguini with Shrimp Scampi 0/5 (0 Votes)