Shepard's Pie Meatloaf
- 2 pounds ground beef or lamb
- 1/2 cup grated onion
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, or 1 Tablespoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2 cups cooked mashed potatoes, prepared according to box instructions
- 1/4 cup frozen peas and carrots
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, mix together all meatloaf ingredients until well combined.
Form into a loaf, about 9x5 inches and transfer to the Perfect Meatloaf pan. Pick up pan by the sides and transfer to oven. Bake about 40 minutes.
Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees.
Remover meatloaf from oven by sides of pan and top with mashed potatoes and spread out with spatula to seal edges. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup peas and carrots. Return to oven and bake 20 minutes more.
Remove Perfect Meatloaf pan from oven by sides of pan to a cooling rack. Grip insert by handles and lift meafloaf from pan. Transfer to cutting board or platter and rest 10 minutes before serving.