Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- 1 cup vegetable oil or canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease one 10-inch bundt or tube pan. Cream oil, beaten eggs, pumpkin and vanilla together.
Sift the flour, sugar, baking soda, nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon, cloves, and salt together. Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and mix until just combined. If desired, stir in some chopped nuts. Pour into the prepared pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cake cool in pan for about 5 minutes then turn out onto a plate. Let cool and dust with powdered sugar. Can frost with cream cheese frosting if desired.
Cut pumpkin in half and clean the seeds out of both halves. Do not peel pumpkin. Bake, cut sides down, in jelly roll pan, for 45 minutes to 1 hour at 425 degrees. Once pumpkin has cooled, peel it. Add the pumpkin to a food processor to blend together. Store in fridge for a few days, or freeze in appropriate containers.
You'll also love
- Baked Stuffed Mussels with... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Salmon-Vegetable Chowder 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Egg, Beans and Avocado 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Garlic Ginger Chicken 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Slow-Cooked Green Beans, Tomatoes... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Paleo Pad Thai with Sunshine Sauce 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Mashed Acorn Squash 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Crockpot Pumpkin Bread Pudding 4.7/5 (3 Votes)