Tuna Casserole with Potatoe Chip Topping
A easy and delicous flavored tuna casserole with a crunchy salty topping.
And you really don't get that fishy, tuna flavor!!!
- 12 oz pkg of wide egg noodles
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 cans (4 oz) drained sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 green onions sliced, using green top too.
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 1/2 red pepper chopped
- 2 cans (6 oz) tuna drained
- 1 can (10 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup peas
- 1/2 cup Parmeasan cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp dill
- 6 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups smashed potatoes chips
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 65mins
In boiling salted water, cook noodles till al dente, drain and set aside.
In frying pan, saute about 3-5 minutes, 2 tbsp butter, mushrooms, onion, green onion and peppers.
In large bowl, add saute mixture, then add and mix together thoroughtly: tuna, soup, peans, cheeses, mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, salt, pepper, parsley and till.
Add noodles and mix in well to above.
Pour into a 9 x 13 ungreased baking dish.
In frying pan, melt 5 tbsp butter and added smashed potatoe chips and coat with butter,
Remove and spinkle chips over tuna casserole.
Cook uncovered about 45 minutes for till heated thru.