Root Beer Bundt Cake
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 1/2 cups root beer
- 1 cup unsweetened coco powder
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt plus pinch
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 100mins
1. Preheat oven to 325. Butter and flour a 12 cup Bundt pan, tap out the excess flour.
2. Heat 2 cups root beer, the coco powder, chocolate and 1 stick butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until the butter melts. Add the granulated and brown sugar and whisk until dissolved. Remove from the heat and let cool.
3. Combine 2 cups flour, the baking soda, allspice and 1 teaspoon salt in bowl. Whisk the eggs into the root beer mixture, than gently fold in the dry ingredients.( the batter will be slightly lumpy).
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean, 55 minutes to 1 hour, rotating the pan half way through.Transfer to a rack. Gently poke the cake all over with a skewer and pour 1/4 cup root beer over the cake; let cool in pan for 20 minutes, then invert the cake onto serving plate and let cool completely.
5. Meanwhile, make the glaze: Whisk the remaining 1/4 cup root beer, a pinch of salt, the confectioners sugar and vanilla in a bowl until smooth. Drizzle over the cake.