Ginger-Scented Corn and Asparagus Stir-Fry
Another delicious Cooking Light recipe that I have just slightly tweaked.
- 10 ounce extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2/3 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, vertically sliced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 julienne-cut red bell pepper (about 1 cup)
- 6 ounces asparagus, steamed and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth (or water and 1 Veggie OXO cube)
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup baby mushrooms (optional)
- 2 cups hot cooked short-grain rice
- 2 thinly sliced green onions (about 1/4 cup)
1. Heat cooking spray in a wok over medium-high heat. Add tofu; sauté for 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
2. Add corn and next 4 ingredients (through bell pepper); stir-fry 5 minutes. Add asparagus and mushrooms (if using), and next 4 ingredients (through crushed red pepper). Stir-fry 1 minute or until asparagus, mushrooms, and tofu are heated.
3. Divide the rice evenly among 4 plates. Spoon about 1 cup corn mixture over rice, and top evenly with 1 tablespoon green onions.