sausage and peppers ziti marinara Olive Garden
- 3 lbs sweet or hot Italian
- 1/3 cups green bell pepper, seeded & cut into 1” x 1/4” strips1 can Italian-style or plum tomatoes, including liquid (28 oz)
- 1 can tomato puree (10 3/4 oz)
- 1 tsp garlic cloves, chopped finely4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup basil, fresh, chopped finely, firmly packedSalt & pepper to taste
- lb ziti or penne pasta, cooked according to package directionsFresh parsley, chopped Parmesan cheese, grated
Pre-heat oven to 350ºF.
BAKE sausage links in oven for 20 minutes or until completely cooked. Cut sausages in half lengthwise; then cut into 1/2" slices. Result will be semi-circles of sausage. Set aside.
SAUTE pepper slices in olive oil until their crispness is lost, but not soft.
CHOP tomatoes or use a food processor on “pulse”; do not puree tomatoes.
COMBINE chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, garlic, olive oil and fresh basil in sauce pan. Bring to a simmer. Add sausage pieces and stir well.
TRANSFER cooked, drained pasta to large serving platter. Top with sausage & pepper marinara mixture.
GARNISH with parsley and grated Parmesan cheese.
You'll also love
- Cucumber Tomato Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi With Linguini 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spicy Garlic Lime Chicken 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Rock Cornish Hens 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Baked Macaroni & Cheese 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Rosemary Olive Oil Bread 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Olive Garden Salad Mix 5/5 (1 Votes)